Many people aspire to work with animals, but it can be difficult to distinguish reality from the fluffy image. This course gives a firm grounding in reality, with essential skills such as animal handling and restraint, pet psychology and recognizing pain, and working as part of a veterinary team - as well as an understanding of technical terms, anatomy and physiology, and first aid.
The Veterinary Support Assistant (VSA) is a highly capable member of the veterinary team, trained informally within the practice. A VSA is responsible for many crucial jobs within the clinic, such as ensuring good hygiene and sterility, handling animals, and interfacing with clients.
This course is of benefit to anyone with an interest in animal health, working with animals, or wondering if a career in the veterinary environment is right for them.
- Access 15 lectures & 50 hours of content 24/7
- Understand veterinary technical terms, anatomy & physiology, and first aid
- Help sick or injured animals in a veterinary practice
- Get essential skills such as animal handling & restraint, pet psychology & recognizing pain, and working as part of a veterinary team
You will be required to complete each lesson in full, and answer exams at the end of each course module. If your pass rate exceeds 55% on each exam then you will receive a certificate of completion, to recognize your achievement. You can immediately download your PDF course certificate from IOA.
Most of our courses will earn you credits through Continuing Education (CE) / Continuing Professional Development (CPD). CE/CPD points are accepted and recognized by professional member bodies and academic institutions across the US and internationally.
All courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (www.icoes.org
). When successfully completing a course, students can choose to purchase an ICOES certificate that recognizes the achievement, from this third-party institution.
International Open Academy
International Open Academy is a leader in online learning and your one-stop shop for professional development, personal growth, and goal fulfillment. They empower students to live the life they love by delivering diverse and easy-to-use courses right to your screen. From making a career change to exploring new hobbies or interests, they have courses to tackle a wide spectrum of life’s challenges.
- International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES): ICOES is the accrediting body responsible for establishing, maintaining, and improving the educational standards of online teaching institutions. Your ICOES certificate allows you to prove to employers, colleagues, and customers that your course is from a well-run, ethical institution that meets the highest standards in online education
- Training Qualifications UK (TQUK): TQUK is a national awarding body recognized by the UK Government and regulated by Ofqual(The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation)