Do you want to develop apps for iPhone and iPad, but don't know where to start? Perhaps you've never coded before and need to learn the language fundamentals. Maybe you've got some development experience but are coming to the world of iOS for the first time and need to get up to speed? Swift is the language of iOS development, and this is the course that teaches you the fundamentals of the language.
You'll be prepared to move on to iPhone and iPad Development with Swift 5: The Language of iOS Development. This course, specifically designed for the most current version of Swift, teaches you the Swift language syntax and structure and prepares you to go on to learning to build full apps with a strong foundation. The goal of this course is to avoid elaborate technical explanations and transform you into a competent, confident Swift programmer.
In this course, you'll join master instructor Mark Lassoff as you learn the Swift Programming language from top to bottom. You won't just passively sit by and watch videos, but, instead, you'll work on engaging code activities.
4.2/5 average rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
- Access 29 lectures & 2 hours of content 24/7
- Prepare your coding environment
- Write and execute your first Swift Program
- Use variables in Swift
- Create & use Constants with the Let Command
- Learn Swift arithmetic & logical operators
- Create strongly typed variables in Swift
- Make decisions in Code with If Statements
- Make complex decisions with Else
- Use the Swift/Case/Break structures to assess Conditionals
- Create repeatable bits of code with functions
- Get functions to take parameters and return data
- Create functions with Implicit Returns (Short cut)
- Write functions with default parameter values
- Create a basic Swift class
- Instantiate a Swift class into an object
- Use Inheritance with Swift classes
- Use protocols to create "Rules" for a class
- Create Arrays to store lists of data
- Create Dictionaries to work with Key/Value Pair Data
- Use String Interpolation in Swift
- Access & modify Strings
Mark Lassoff | Programming Instructor
4.4/5 Instructor Rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
Five years ago Mark parlayed two decades of software development experience into his latest entrepreneurial venture, LearnToProgram Media.
LearnToProgram Media publishes online courses that teach mobile, web, and game development. Over 500,000 people have learned programming from Mark through online classes he has either authored or published. In addition to publishing popular courses and books, LearnToProgram Media operates an internet video network that produces several programs on software development.